wine wednesday

6:56:00 AM

*I realize it's Thursday and I'm late. Whatever.

Not to be a cliche, but it's wine Wednesday. NO, I will not do a wine post every Wednesday because that would be lame, but since it's kind of a 'get to know me' time on this blog here, I figure we'll discuss my history (not all of it) with wine.

I started as a young gal appreciating how great White Zinfandel was, probably before I should have. I would sip on the parents if they allowed me to and it was my first purchase as a legal adult. Funny thing is that I wasn't even carded on my 21st birthday as I walked into the downtown Salt Lake City liquor store with one of my boss's who I'm fairly certain the cashier thought was my sugar daddy. I'm still upset about that. I gave up wine basically most of my 20's. I partied with beer and Long Island Iced Teas and such, like you do. I didn't give wine another shot until I was probably 26 or 27 and it was a sweet reisling. It was very, very sweet, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Then I went to a wine party. Then a co-worker, Karie, told me about Malbec.

So, I'd dabbled in reds a little, but really couldn't find one I could connect with. I liked a nice Cabernet, couldn't really do Merlot, Pinot was alright. I did have a thing for House Wine and still do on occasion. But it wasn't until I was told of the lovely Malbec that I really decided it was for me.

Red Rock became a quick favorite. I tend to buy based on label design (if affordable). I have really no other system. I liked the design of this with the cute, red, rock. Somehow it stuck and I got my mother addicted and the rest is history. When cooking, it's my wine of choice. Always.

You Might Also Like

0 comments