i just really like food

12:36:00 PM

Sadly, this actually comes as a shock to most people. I'll be honest. In the last two years I've dropped 80lbs changing every eating habit I've ever had. I've been on both the way too skinny and way too not skinny sides of the spectrum from binge eating McDonald's in my car every night while I was going through a divorce, to being a dancer and basically not eating anything but saltine crackers for a year. Regardless of any struggle I've had, I still really love food. All food, not just healthy food, though healthy food is where I'm at now. I'm trying to gain a better relationship with eating and I've found that through cooking my own meals, I definitely appreciate what I put into my body more.


So this will chronicle my adventures in trying to teach myself to cook, not cut myself with Kevin (I named my Wusthof knife, whatever), drinking a lot of wine and figuring out my "signature dish". I'll post food adventures and outings and tastings and thoughts and for the most part I hope to encourage others to start eating healthy, or at least caring what they put in their bodies. A few things just to get out of the way:

-Yes, I eat.
-No, I don't eat a lot, but if I'm going to eat, it's going to be good.
-I don't eat carbs if I can help it. We say "mostly paleo".
-I'll make several vegan/vegetarian things but I do eat meat.
-I like wine.
-I'll swear a lot.

 So there's that.

You Might Also Like

1 comments