the mighty eggplant

7:04:00 PM

After a few discussions with my love Chryshele I discovered she was not remotely familiar with the eggplant. This needed to change, and immediately. So this eve, I attempted a roasted eggplant with a greek yogrit topping*.

*Footnotes suck at the bottom, no one ever scrolls. Since the beginning of time aka when my Sestra was 2, we have called "yogurt" "yogrit" and I am a fan of sentiment.

So. You start with eggplant. Cut that bitch in half and either roast it in the oven at 400 covered in olive oil or put that shit on a grill. I chose the grill.



I left it on about 30 minutes. In the meantime, I set my stove to 2 (fucking electric stove) and heated up some greek yogrit and blueberry cheese I found at Smiths for cheap.



Remember how one day I'll be awesome at taking food photos?

Annnyway, I added some diced thyme (fresh) and garlic to the mixture. The cheese melted super nicely and then I added some lemon juice. It smelled amazing. Once the eggplant was finished grilling I let it cool a few minutes before putting the topping...on top. But the smell, out of this world.



Seriously. SERIOUSLY. This was so tasty and ridiculous. Happy meatless Monday!!

Adapted from this awesome book, but I couldn't find pomegranates so I improvised.

You Might Also Like

0 comments